Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yowza.....four days!

Yowza.....four days! I'm pooped, have been all week. The "Green" house is close to done, or so we think. I'm doing the right side of the closet door trim gap today. I was all fat n' happy until I discovered the right side of the door trim was 3/32" wider then the left. I had to rip and stain another piece. It didn't go in yesterday cuz I was chopping trim for the rear porch and then Young R and I were carrying on after the boss had to go down to the energy people for a little while. Young R makes a good cut man. I walked him through the first piece, long, short, and angles. After that, we got rolling.

He's still got to learn to clean brushes better, gave him some flack about it. My pet brush for the "Brown" house is over there now, and brushes are like towels. If I got a favorite, I keep it, even with wear and tear. The thing was as stiff as a board with paint.

My metabolism just burns too fast. Literally. It's a northern European adaption, instead of just turning food into energy, it also produces heat. I can go shirt sleeves into the 50s F quite happily, but summers are murder. I used to be able to throw a big bowl or two of ice cream at it at the end of the day to keep it happy, but since my lactose intolerance got near-total, it's been interesting looking for other sources of fuel. Pecan pie is pretty close to meeting fuel needs but expensive. Going to experiment tonight with fatty beef and potatoes. I'm not worried about cholesterol, it hasn't been above 130 ever. Yet another gift from a distant ancestor. 180 lbs, I'm in good shape, below 170, it means that it's time for refueling, below 160 (been there, ain't fun, no heft and no energy), its time to slow way down and eat and eat and eat. I envy people who can keep weight on.

After this week, it's just me, myself and anything in my fridge....... Next next week, it's me, myself, and Giovanni's Pizza, R J's Deli, Mama's Italian Restaurant (Actually Egyptian with some good stuff), The Persian place at the clock tower in Herndon, The White Palace, Pen's Kitchen, and quite a few others up in Northern Virginia, including, IHOP. North Carolina is still a bit of a wash for me, haven't really found anything that I could call interesting yet.

If the cat slept any harder, she'd wear herself out. 16 pounds, so better.

I can get the bumper and mounting kit for the work truck overnight....cheap. Neat. Think I'll order it tomorrow morning. I pretzel-ed the old one on a tree.

No comments: