Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just another interesting day....or two.

Another of a couple of days at the "green" house. Today I adjusted the porch railing height in front and replaced two pickets. I'm to set the rail caps tomorrow. I'll use my squangle to set the stair rail caps. Neat tool, can adust for any angle and translate them to the chop saw.
Also have to wipe down the the garage door casings with alcohol and paint them with primer. Some flashing for the roof. Another water mystery. That and the kitchen racks are up. Pretty neat, even a place for that most necessary of kitchenware....coffee cups.

Think I bombed the second interview, we will see. It's only Wednesday and it was Monday. Hate waiting, just shoot me, darn it.

I was on my way back Tuesday with the only steamed vertical grain bamboo transition strip in all of Raleigh. The traffic got really slow. No good place to bail out. I noticed quite a bit of debris along the shoulder.

This had to be the cause. Didn't see any other vehicles. Quite a scene, at least five cruisers, a borrowed prisoner van, and all sorts of people with equipment working the accident. looked like they removed people already when I went by. Heard later on the radio that there was a fatality. Same thought as always, "There but for the grace of God go I.".

Safely arrived back at the "Green" house, and then went in the work truck to get the treated wood for the other rail caps. Work truck decided not start for the trip back. Hiked a mile back to the house thinking, "Driver Returned On Foot, Found On Road Dead." Another words....F.O.R.D. Drove my Baja back to the lumberyard, and jumped the truck. The people there were nice enough to follow me to the house that time and gave me a ride back to my car.

I also have to figure out how to take care of the pre-finish on the bamboo flooring. Test piece. Thinking a good wax might be it. Will try that first.

No comments: