Thursday, July 5, 2007

Da Blog Edited.

I crawled through this beast and edited it once again ala Soviet Encyclopedia.

I was going to go into business as it seemed at the time, the best way to survive and stay afloat in a stormy economy. But the more I got into it, the more con as opposed to pro appeared. Self employed just doesn't cut it. One is the quarterly rendering unto Ceaser, then there's the letter of zoning variance, licensing, multiple fees, and the other taxes.

The other "tax" is liability insurance, and if anyone has anything to do with customers, the premiums are hefty. Also the health insurance ain't cheap either. My first half century is almost up, and though I'm pretty healthy, I'm lumped into the same boat as the other people who did not take care of themselves. So.....I'd have to charge at least twenty-five bucks an hour, if not more, just to keep ten.

I'll still swing a hammer, but only for friends and relatives.

No comments: