Sunday, July 8, 2007

Plumbing, Painting, and who went where when?

Yesterday and Friday evening, I was at my neighbors. I helped tear out an old sink base and then we installed a new sink base looked recycled, then I ran errands while the counter top guys were there. Real cowboys, they were free sawing counter tops with a Skilsaw. Still, they got it all in and it wasn't half bad, until after I hooked all the plumbing back up, we found that the dishwasher wouldn't go back under. No spacer blocks. Had to unscrew it, then I chopped up some 1/2" blocks and we glued em' in place and the dishwasher fitted somewhat snugly in it's hole. We could have gone 3/4" but we didn't want to chop up more old tile. Screwed the whole mess down.

Today I fixed a leak. Next couple of days, I'll patch the back where we had to cutout for the drains. Problem with our places, is that when the plumbers replaced all the polybutene plumbing, they ran the new stuff up through the floor. Pain in the neck having to maneuver a cabinet up, down, in, and out. It is caulked, so at least it will last a little bit longer then the old one.

My own place got a touch up, semi-gloss white for the trim. Not quite the same but close enough. I was going to replace the front walk rail but the rot was small. Yes, the magic of caulk and paint. I did carve the rot all out though.

Interview tomorrow and the porch swing installation is on again at the "Green" house. But earlier when I heard it was canceled, I got an appointment in the same time slot for the Baja. Oh well, it really needs it. Being the first new car I ever owned, it does not get touched by me. Only by certified techs. New battery tomorrow, the old one is four years old. Still works but I'm not taking chances. If I get hired, it's going to get a complete belts and hoses and fluids as well. Then the cat and I get our irregular regular checkups too. Really looking forward to an eight to fiver.

No comments: