Friday, July 13, 2007

The nice "No " letter

So close and no cigar. Oh well, so be it. I was hoping, but the 2nd interview was as far as I got. Nice "no" letter, which will find it's way into my shredder. Applied to six more. I don't need a lot of money, but it's kinda necessary to keep my fat cat fed and happy, and a steady supply of coffee for myself as well.

Now three trim jobs, one an emergency for after work today. Hopefully I won't have to take young R back to his "hood". That was a long trek and of course, someone managed to wreck their vehicle on I-40 eastbound . I finally gave up at Miami Blvd and got out there. I got home at about 1830 hours, less five minutes at a Kroger to get some lemon juice. Still better then where I came from. If someone dies in an accident in Northern Virginia, they close the road for the day, never mind that half the populace may live on the other end of it. Injuries aren't as bad, just a few hours, but it's almost always during rush hour.

My last week at the "green" house will be the next. It's one of only three houses I have ever seen built that well in the last 28 years. Probably the best of them all. It's built right, which sadly makes it one of the few in the area. The boss gave his all and then some. The old saying, build forever and like you gonna die tomorrow is still true and valid.

Well, gotta get ready for today. Someone else needs to run young R back today, too much to get ready for the weekend.

No comments: