Monday, July 23, 2007

Man, I don't want to work today.........

Man, I don't want to work today.........

Still, I got to do that touch up in the master bath at the "green" house, and the shelves with the boss, then the garage shelf with young R. Think I'll nail in the porch swing cleats on Wednesday.

Interesting talk on the declining dollar until the lecturer started going into fiat currency, conspiracy theory, and Haliburton. Gimme a break here, ain't no mystery, no mysterious cabal. We, as a country, and some private citizens, have spent beyond our means. Uncle Sammy particularly, with eight trillion in the red. We also import more then we export. No wonder the dollar is turning into softer currency. Rocket science this isn't. My own way of dealing with it, is to not owe money, spend less, get a side gig going that's actually fun, and just hunker down.

Lunch tomorrow with my sister, then an afternoon at the Art Museum. All phones will be turned off or unplugged until 0700, 07/25/2007.

Looked for four good folding wooden chairs for my dining room. Thought I found them at Target until I saw the "Made in China" label. Damn. Now thinking four stools made out of the lumber from the sawhorses that K gave me a few months ago. A little sanding but the weathered wood and nail holes and paint drips will be urethane-ed over for art's sake (general laziness too).

Bumper for the work truck is going to show up at my bosses at the end of the month. Method, they are shipping it strapped to the back of a large snail. Just F***ing great. Last week for me and I mean it. Not going to ever do construction again, house, addition, or otherwise. Handyman at most.

No comments: