Sunday, July 15, 2007

Two and half hours of my life I'll never get back.

I was feeling like I needed a break, so my bro-in-law and I went to see a movie. Transformers, it was. The preview was the best part. The movie itself reeked. That's two and half hours of my life I'll never get back. Product placement like crazy. General Motors especially. Also Nokia and Panasonic. Ford as well. Do Not Waste your lifespan on this movie.

I did two door jamb/casing repairs. People really should open doors with something else then their feet. Both came out well, though one door jamb needed a dutchman (Replacing damaged wood with new, so called because the Dutch were well known for their frugality, aka cheapness.). Trim on a porch next. It's sitting downstairs already primed and painted. This is my weekend for free repairs (except the materials of course). What you too? Sorry, too late. I'm booked out. Next week I start costing money.

"Green" house next project is screens. There are the porch swings to do as well, that's my chore for next weekend. Lag bolts just don't hack it. The ones that are big enough are too big for the ceiling joists. Also, the thread on the lags seems kinda deficient. Nice warning labels about not hanging humans from them. Hmmmm. Best solution would be a solid bolted mounting. I also have more touch up to do.

Gotta clean house and go to the library.

Bent the bumper on the work truck, which was the low point of last Friday.

I was going to go up north next week, but will just take it off from everybody. Vacation para mi.

Follow up on the traffic fatality on I-440, is that someone rolled an SUV (Stupid User Vehicle) right over a party of inmates on work release who were picking up litter. One dead, injured as well. Explains the debris and the large presence of law enforcement working the accident.

No comments: