Monday, July 2, 2007

Richer and Poorer

More money then I thought I had. It was too much, finally got my online ID and looked at my Time Warner 401K. Yep. It's got more money. It's mostly international but unfortunately with TWX stock mixed in it. TWX is currently at 21.04 per share, not great but not bad and in the last five years, it has been stagnant for long periods of time. On the other hand, my Dodge and Cox Stock Fund is at 162.09, and has been steadily increasing in value over five years. Same for my two Vanguard funds, VHGEX and VTRIX. Pretty good rate of growth in value on all my funds mostly due to the continuing devaluing of the dollar. Uncle Sammy better wake up.

I'm due at the "green" house at 0830 for a little while and then it's time to get ready for the job interview. I want this job. Still, I'm not holding my breath. Boss asked about advancement there, but I have three associate degrees. Northern Virginia Community College did retrain me as the economy changed, but HR gatekeepers only like bachelors of arts or better. Even in basket weaving. Steady job and income stream while the "brown" house gets repaired. That's all I want.

Big pile of tools in my living room. More stuff for the dump as well. Big table and a mattress next.

No comments: