Friday, June 29, 2007

The End is Nigh, and so on.

Everyone is chilling out at the "Green" house today. I'm scheduled to start work at 1300 hours (1330, boss called), the boss and young R are doing a dump run (They did two) in the morning, and the owners are in. One guy bit the dust the beginning of this week, went out to lunch and never came back. C had to go do other things but not before using all the really good baseboard in the master bedroom, which did not have a good effect on the boss either. That and someone tried the old switcheroo again with lower grade carpet and padding. No go, no deal, so we don't step on on the tack strip while we work. G will be finishing up the hardware in the master bath.

The owners are in early, and it's nice having some eyes on site instead of having to lock everything up, walk around and discover more **** to lock up and/or hide. That and the boss and I both have had a lot on our minds so we did forget to lock up stuff now and then. We were incredibly lucky. Now it's two guys have to be at the tool trailer for the locking up and verify. Kinda like turning two launch keys when it comes time to end the civilized world as we know it.

Need more caffeine, back soon........
That hit the spot, black and nasty and thick, only way to get a heart beating.

I have to come up with some good references for my interview and really prepare, prepare. New shoes too, the "Green" house did a number on my two New Balance pairs.

Coffee, more coffee, just more coffee. Decaf....just put food colouring in hot water....geez. Big threads about someone recently on a consumer blog about not getting a Raspberry Soy Mocha Venta Decaf whatever. Decaf mixed with sugar and fake cream and flavouring....not coffee. What levels of depravity have we as a coffee drinking society have sunk to? I keep looking for a guy in a toga with matches, gasoline and a violin.

Getting to 0800, so cleanup and house and banking, et al.

Safety in my Townhouse.....

I have the safest townhouse in a row of five. The wiring and plumbing was gone through at great cost after I got the place by licensed electricians and plumbers and corrected as needed. Then I added a few things.

The half bath has this big mirror/cabinet over the sink. This is now my first aid center. The mineral oil is for the cat who has these large dirt trapping ears. The focus of the first aid is stopping unwanted blood flow which occurs a lot in construction.

Two Kidde carbon monoxide detectors. Not really necessary for me but I wanted em' anyway. I will have no gas appliances or utilities in the house, but the next owner might. One upstairs and one downstairs. If my place was bigger, one in each bedroom too. For some strange reason, they only come in battery powered models.

I have four smoke detectors, ten year battery backups, on their own dedicated electrical circuit. If wanted, I can hook up a third wire in them and network em' together. Neat, eh? The previous owner had four too, but three were battery only and of dubious utility and vintage.

GFCI outlets. When I moved in, there was one old one in one bathroom. Now they are anywhere there's water, all baths and kitchen. If I really wanted to be kosher, the one outside outlet should be one as well. I got the ones with a glowing green indicator just for neatness and coolness.


Last but not least, two big honking RED fire extinguishers out where everyone can see them. These are the next step up from household models which are sleek silver jobs. I wanted something that can be seen and grabbed if need be, hang the aesthetics. One in the kitchen, one in the upstairs landing.

No comments: