Thursday, April 5, 2007

No, No, On the Outside!

A did a really nice job of putting the siding on the solid rail over at the green house on the back porch. It's on the inside though. Boss wants it on the outside. I think it looks nice and if it were my house, would run with it. But it's not mine. A was feeling poorly at the time and from what he described, sounds like a mild case of food poisoning. At one point I was below him and he warned me to....move away. Luckily he didn't blow groceries. I'll help him remove the siding this morning. My sawszall has some really skinny blades that can cut the nails neatly, and since it's a reverse, not gonna be any time at all putting the siding on the outside.

I'm running in the black, not pulling in great bucks but enough to get by. The main thing killing my budget right now business wise, is updating and replacing tools. My hundred footer extension cord is too light a gauge for major power tools, so it has been exiled from the job. Minor power tools are fine, but it gets borrowed quite a bit since it reaches everywhere. So yesterday without my long cord, I had to piece together three cords just to get to the spot in the attic where the speaker wires were to come out of the top plate.

So, if Uncle Sammy and Cousin State, not to mention my brown house material needs leaves me a little extra, two hefty fifty foot extension cords on wind-up reels. Only problem is, that my walkway posts have routered tops, so I have to get a router plus bits, to do the replacement of the rotten ones. I did have a shop once with all sorts of stuff, but moving five times in ten years resulted in a lot of stuff being thrown to the wolves.

I really do need to look at the top of my chimney. Luckily everyone else's chimney top is now starting to rust out as badly as mine. Working away on the HOA to look into that. See what happens. If that fails, I need a 32 foot ladder to get up there but I have only a 24 footer. Maybe I can work a deal. Loan me a 32 footer for a weekend, and in exchange, not only do you get your ladder back, you can have a nice new 24 ladder....permanently for free. It's in the way.

Poly-Ticks....Nancy Pelosi went to Syria and is doing a much better job of mending fences and getting an understanding going between parties then our El Grandisimo Jefe Curiso Jorge ever did in six years. Pelosi for President!

Way behind on my punch list, getting sent out for this and that. Hopefully A the former is coming back.

No comments: