Sunday, April 1, 2007

Back at the House again? Think of "The Man Who Could Not Get Off The MTA".

Actually less then thirty feet of ceiling joint I had to nail. Thank all the gods, odd and even, that I double fastened the joints near the reinforcement blocks early last week. Caulked the shower surrounds too. Obsessed over that caulking, over and over again until it was "right".

Looked at that shower wall again. If I could just get in behind it and slip a long thin tapering wedge on the third stud, it would be so right.

Back again at the house today, measuring the soffit. Gonna get there a little early and just measure it and write it all down. Then I call the boss and that's that.

I really need to spend time at my own place. Me and the neighbors plan to wash and stain three of the five townhouse decks later this year (four if we get the guy on the end in on it....more the cheaper it is per capita), so I got quite a bit of deck repair to do (as do they). We did gutters on three and I helped do a porch repair on one. Replaced a rotten post, rail and a few pickets. Next weekend, I stay away from the "green" house and work on my "brown" house.

No comments: