Sunday, April 8, 2007

Imaginary buildings

I own a program called Brodurbund Home Architect 3D. It's a version of CAD, but somewhat watered down. Great software though, I've been using it for well over a decade. I also took a year and a half of architectural drafting.

You prospective employers who didn't believe that I can read plans.....I can actually draft them. Not only on the computer but by hand as well. Lettering and everything, No. 2 lead, resin bag, scale, everything. Oh well, you lose. I'm just one step away from being a business. I'm already paying taxes too.

The circular building is called Circus Minimus. It's eleven townhouses in a circle with a community hall. The view is from the arcade toward the hall. It's one of many that I have designed over the years.



























The modern building in split face block with the red framed blue sashed windows is a memorial to my aunt who was a physics teacher for many years at a high school in San Francisco, the same school that my father and my two uncles went to. The teaching faculty have their offices in bays that cantilevers out from the main body of the building. The top floor is for administration, the bottom has the big classrooms, auditorium and student services. The second and third floors are for classrooms.





The pyramids are inspiring, not the shape, but the great blocks rising up in a corner after the smooth casing was removed for more utilitarian needs by the citizens of Cairo. I also like the sheet metal siding saying, "This building is it's own style."

The cabin, just a building that is to enjoy the woods.


Also a street lined with attached villas from my small Roman town.

I also have a version of the grand stair hall from the Titanic, but it's a work in progress.

Enjoy.

No comments: