Tuesday, April 3, 2007

53 Minutes

53 minutes before I have to grab my shower and get to work. So....not gonna waste time on poly-ticks or illegal immigrant incompetent subcontractors. My cup of coffee wandered off....excuse me while I find it.

50 Minutes. My phone bill is getting due again. The reason is, is that it is the one of the last two still done by check. The town water bill too. The latter gets a hundred bucks thrown at it, so it's good for a quarter. The only reason I have a phone bill (land line) is because of my DSL. Cable internet I could get but having worked as a support flunky in the cable (really big national outfit) company as a network operator, the network here is not great. The optical fiber gets dirty and they just don't keep up with it. Also don't watch television....any television. I have a TV but it's just a monitor for my DVD player.

43 Minutes. At the green house (where I work and punch after subs), the shower end wall is finally the way it should be, following the shower surround as it gently curves into the corner, straight on top. It took some hefty shimming and some wedges to make it right. Today I get to run speaker wires into the attic. Also going to put some drywall over the voids in the attic so the blown-in insulation stays out of the walls.

35 Minutes. At my brown townhouse (where I live), one of my walk posts is rotten. Also my neighbor has a rotten one too. I'm going to replace them both with treated four by four's and router the tops to match the others. All mine, all of them have to go. Doug Fir old growth is great stuff but not out in the weather. Also going to get a hundred bucks worth of two by six treated, and get rolling on the back deck. That and the new carpenter bee domicile, they seem to love Kilz primer. Hmmm. Maybe it was a bad idea for the EPA to get rid of the arsenic.....right now, yum yum, spicy bug food. The siding and trim out back at my place will have to wait until the last half of the month.

25 Minutes. I'm going to miss two days of work next week. Really need to get the quarterly gummint extortion payments sent in. One day for that, one day so I can travel up to my mother's and see how she's doing.

18 minutes. My neighbor is getting some kitchen cabinets so I'll help him out. As an owner of a table-saw in a townhouse surrounded by neighbors with infants, I have to keep em' sweet. Also, I'll wait till they are somewhere else if possible, and do warn them in advance. So....they get my service and help, and I can complete my repairs and renovations a little bit faster. Everyone is happy.

14 Minutes. I have the occasional need to carry a 4' by 8' sheet of plywood or Sheetrock. My Baja is a great little vehicle for most purposes, but that pickup box is vestigial at best.

6 Minutes. Time to post and fix the grammar.

No comments: