Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yes, we should have worn Eye protection.

It's been awhile. One busy week is my excuse. My boss's house is going to get drywall tomorrow put up and we have the last minute Do This Now items to knock out. Latest thing, is that the framers put the outside window and door headers an 1/8th of an inch out from the rest of the walls. Yep, gonna be tacking up furring today. Add that to the pocket door hardware that has to go up, insulation around the second bathtub and the kitchen soffit needing a vent cutout and it's own insulation completed, it's gonna be a killer day. Attic catwalk still needs more plywood and blocking but that can wait until the house is ready for the dry-wallers.

Two days ago, we were all standing around having a committee meeting wondering if we needed eye protection before operating a table saw. All four of us. Then we started ripping Loblolly pine. The blade threw three carbide teeth. No, we weren't wearing eye protection, but we do now. Boss has replaced all his resharpened blades with new store bought blades too.

My lost tools of the week is one 25 foot tape measure and at least one pencil. I dropped my jigsaw and broke off the last blade, so I got 4 more. My caulking gun, American made no less, broke. Green houses mean caulking, lots of caulking.

I'm decent as a wood banger but still too slow and picky. Speeding up though.

No comments: