Saturday, March 24, 2007

Still No Hammer

The drywalling subs showed up yesterday. As usual, one guy spoke English, the rest didn't. Spanish country and pop blaring in the background. They really messed up. Cut huge sheets into small pieces, left a piece of the framing sticking through the ceiling, just bad. Also they put white instead of green board in the master bath, so all that had to come out. I gave the boss the phone number of my Bro-in-law's father. He's got to be better then this crew.

Next house, which is a remodel. Not definite yet. It's a 70's single story with all the (lack) of quality of that era and area. They want a second floor. My boss builds pretty sturdy and not lightweight. He's gonna be doing exploratory surgery on the place to see how it can go.

The hammer handle transplant went badly, so I have ordered from Amazon, two each, Vaughan Professional Rip Hammer, Model 99. I'll run down to the hardware store and try again. My 28 year veteran needs still a handle. The one I bought a few days ago was pretty crappy. It was real brittle. Left my tools at the job site, so no major work this weekend on the pequeno casa de la cuidad. Amazon is great for selection, price is decent, but the shipping cost added to the total, does put them above the local price. It's just that no one here sells that hammer.

No comments: