Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Moving the office.

I moved my office, no really, it moved. About twenty feet. The computer desk got simplified. The keyboard tray is gone, as is the tower tray. Actually the whole underside is gone, all that's left is the glass top. If you ever get the urge to have a desk with a glass top, don't. Still, it was cheaper keeping the glass then buying a door. The desk was one of those Chinese imports with techno look bent steel tubing and perforated shelving. Also weak as a McMansion in a high wind. The laser printer was on one corner and the weight crushed a caster.

So the top now sits on a wood base made from some cheap (ten bucks) one by two and one by three glued and nailed and doweled together. Not finished since it's not permanent. The alternative was two cheap filing cabinets, but the cheapest was sixty bucks....each. So, hard to beat ten bucks of an American made (me) wood base vs a hundred and twenty bucks of 2 Chinese filing cabinets. Next is the dining room. Saw some classy Italian folding chairs and table. If it doesn't fold, it's outta here. Everything has to fit in, or behind, my Subaru Baja when at last I decide to swap my vertical two-story attached real estate for some place where I can grow veggies, chop wood, and watch the sunset on my front porch and not worry about my neighbor catching on fire and me as well.

No comments: