Friday, September 21, 2007

Water Water Everywhere, but Where?

My water bill was waaay up there. 3280 gallons of water? Last month it was high too. I'm thinking it was the back bath toilet before it was repaired. Oh well, since the old overflow pipe is the last original part in the thing, it's been shut off until the back bath gets repaired and refreshened. Navy showers and flushing only when needed now. See if I can get it under a thousand gallons for the month. For every gallon under a thousand, I'm going to award myself a cent toward frivolity.

Back at the Garage House, helping out the boss. He's gotten the Carolina Cold, a nasty regional cold. I had one two years ago, sneezed so hard I'd get nose bleeds. Sprayed insulation. Nasty stuff....air one can see. The place needs doors and trim and finished floor, then done.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, road trip. Then Tuesday is an evaluation day at my prospective new employer to see if they like me. The job is going to be 80 miles round trip but if it's the only game in town.....I'll do it.

Strange offer from a health insurance agency, googled them and looked at their website as requested.Nothing in relation to my resume and the only openings were sales. There were no openings for claims personnel, customer service representatives, mailroom, adjusters, underwriters, and other functions that any insurance company has. Decided to pass. Another one from someone looking for car salesmen. We call these guys, resume scrapers. Basically, they scrape public resumes off of sites like Monster and Careerbuilder and make questionable job offers.

No comments: