Monday, September 24, 2007

Money Runs In, Money Runs Out

What can I say? Holding my own? Yep. Kinda. Sorta. Was hoping to get up enough scratch to get the tank-topper and the medicine cabinet for the front bath but the water bill, the phone bill, the other phone bill, and two gasoline fill ups for the Subaru ate most of that up. Add in the next tankful of gas and the new belt to be, uh, formal, (Why I do this for the HR types? So I impress them? Wished it work.) and I'm back to square one. Don't owe anyone anything but it would be nice to be able to finish off one damned room at least.

Nice road trip to Loudoun. Gentle rolling hills of McMansions as far as the eye can see. Same horrible traffic in Leesburg. Best friend was back in hospital, apparently getting warranty work done.

I was watching Extreme Makeover with the sound off. No shot over five seconds, lots of cuts, and product placement like crazy. OK, so they do nice things for unfortunate people, but does everyone need a huge house that looks like it was decorated for theme parks?

Heard someone say that the inflation rate was two percent. Uh, try to build a house recently? Price of twelve foot long sheet-rock just jumped by two dollars.

Big day at my prospective employer. Things I now live by.

1. Don't fall in love with the job.
2. Don't expect it to be steady.

I'm also starting up the biz. If it gets going well enough......

No comments: