Friday, September 14, 2007

Just hire the cat.....

Lets face it. The real reason I'm looking for work...is to feed this.
There are smaller dogs in the neighborhood, or were.....

Somewhat shy or just bored, hard to tell.


I needed some FMT (Forward Motion Therapy), so I pulled my two old beauties out of their long rest. I thought of my old Peugeot UE8M but it's very sentimental for me, so only on nice days.
So it was my "Crackhead Special" as my bro in law calls it. I found this late-70s Fuji Supreme at a thrift shop for ten bucks. It took a month to get it back to roadworthiness. It's a fun ride. Even when you're tired and the legs have had it, somehow, you just want to keep going.Note the rack. Someday, this may be all that we can afford to "drive", so it's rigged as a commuter special. Completely legal for most European streets complete with lights and bell.


Thirteen miles of American Tobacco Trail later, complete with dust and horse dung. I should have been touching up my bath and the old resume and pleading on bended knee for employment, but heck, it's Friday, cool and cloudy, so ...... I .......pedaled my heart out. I feel much more optimistic and better at any rate, must be the endorphins from when my body said, "Thank God, he's gonna stop!".

Ah, the front bath. Just more touch-up. Mostly done and still cheap.


The wall-side of the door casing is always the same color as the wall. Just like it that way.

The "tile" lines up with the threshold. The base-top on the casing gives the door more depth. Also helps hide the fact that the door casing is only 1/2" thick and the base board is 3/4ths.

Bath bling of sorts.....Stainless steel supply lines for both the vanity faucet and the toilet.

Last of the caulking except for the shower. Off white to match the "grout". Shower had a good clean, just need to bleach treat it. Then the recaulking.

No comments: