Friday, February 9, 2007

The worst thing about job hunting.......

Is the non-response from prospective employers. "So what?", would some people say. The problem is, is that HR departments can be fast and organized, or not. So it can be anywhere from 1 day to over a month. That's if you get a positive response. If not, it's just stone cold silence. So we wait and wait. Yes, I'm supposed to follow up but I was raised not to bug people and could never break that habit.

So after a while, if one hears nothing, we keep firing our job applications out into the ether, and then it happens, two or three at once, is almost as bad as none. I got all of my good jobs through knowing people, and proving, yes, I can pull with the best of them. But down here, I know very few people. Sucks, doesn't it.

So my bro-in-law called up. He sez that an estimator may be cut loose and that it may be him. Looks we may have to work for ourselves. Ugh, talk about tough bosses.

No comments: