Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Unsignable Noncompete...bye, bye, New Job

Job, the job..... Nope, not going to happen. I was happily going through the pre-employment packet until I got to the non-compete and the non-disclosure. This is a bad thing. All my rights, copyright and patent, go away forever. This also requires me to disclose every customer who I work for in my nascent handyman biz, never mind it's not remotely related to the job position. It's got some hefty fines in it too. Yeah..... Damn.

No f**k**g way I can go for this. I can NOT sign that non-compete. I am so upset. I turned down two job offers in good faith because I had landed the opportunity.

I got some money left. I have a business license. I have a job lined up. It's time to go swimming for myself.

Later....

Well, that's that. I'm still free. See where my business license hard copy is.

No comments: