Monday, October 15, 2007

Having a Meeting

The Committee of Me, Myself, and I

Me, myself, and I having a meeting.

"Content!, we need content!"

"For what? Nothing going on except getting insured. Not what one would call a quick news day."

"Have to write regularly, or people get bored."

"Got news for ya, they are already bored."

I chime in, "And if their eyes don't glaze over after this, they really don't have anything to do."

The outcome was inconclusive, which is what usually happens in a committee meeting with oneself.


Job Hunting Terminated

I'm done with looking for work as an employee. It just isn't worth it. The non-compete pushed me over the edge. This is America, competition is what we do, it is what we are. Of course, there is the guilty until proven innocent assumptions that everyone has to deal with, that I'm a drug user, deadbeat, waded across the Rio Grande, criminally inclined, and just not fit for polite society. Enough of all that. I'm none of the above except for the last item sometimes after dealing with people who do think I'm all that.

So I'm cutting out the middlemen (employers) in being productive and earning a living. I'm going to put the last brick in place of having a business.

No comments: