Saturday, January 20, 2007

Committing economic crime.

This is a consumer based economy. So what am I doing right now. Not consuming. I am not supporting my fellow consuming Americans. Of course that feeling of guilt is absent. They aren't supporting me either.

Let's see the latest haul from the mail box.

The Discover Card. Fine print is pretty interesting. Oooh they can smack me for 29.88 percent. Ouch. Into the shredder.

Shopwise is here. Nope, haven't seen that missing kid. Nope, don't need cheap contacts, can't eat pizza, thanks, I build my PCs anyway, and don't collect quarters except in change....NEXT!

Food Lion...hmmmm. The Kroger is closer. Same prices.

Papa John's, pizza is not my food of choice anymore. This thing called Lactose Intolerance. Much cheaper to avoid the stuff then spend money on pills for it. Also, the best pizza is made by real Italians. Giovanni, how I miss your Sicialian!

Butterfly Life....nope, prefer to get paid to sweat, also for the other gender.....Next!

Farm and Ranch Auto Sales want's to sell me a used car..... already got one that works....and is paid for.

Vonage VOIP....hmmm. I used to have to support a network that supported VOIP. Still ruins my sleep thinking about it and I've been out of the trade for two years.

Another Butterfly Life....those poor trees. Isn't one flyer enough per person?

Two from Netflix. One's a huge envelope. Poor mail carrier. I see that guy in his truck. He really does need his truck. When employed, I buy used DVDs, when not, I watch the same old, same old.

Vanguard, yes I have Vanguard. Been making money like a bandit, but do they need to send info snail mail when it's bookmarked on my Firefox?

Time Warner Cable wants me to pay to watch advertising, get telemarketers over their VOIP, and semi-high speed on line. I know what the network is like here. Not good. Still, at least my TWX stock is finally doing well. Toss.

Dell....Intel inside. Sorry, AMD spoken here only. Also I build better machines cheaper.

Clearwire Wireless Broadband. Better open it just in case. Pass. I'm locked in with my current provider anyway. Also it sucks updating all the email addresses.

Campmor camping catalog. I quit sleeping outdoors years ago. Toss.

Midweek Values...A whole slue of stuff, unfinished furniture food, whatever.....dropped into the pile.

Sportclips...4 bucks off what price? Weird place that I walked into once. It had bleacher seats in the waiting area, old gym lockers and chain link fences. Theme is good for parks. Barber Shops....not.

The Cleaning Authority informs me that the wrong people are cleaning my house. Well, some days, no one cleans this dump! Maybe I should pay myself to clean this place. Bet I charge less......

Valpak. Thick sealed envelope that only gets opened because it would choke the shredder in one mass.

And that is it from the mailbox.

No comments: